There is a plethora of useful resources for freelancers out there and here at Sagegroupy we are always looking for ways to help you have an easier time on your freelance journey. So far we have helped you find online courses, resources for learning how to code and some useful podcasts, now we are going to turn to Youtube. It is a great place for solopreneurs to find inspiration, motivation and lessons on developing all sorts of skills that are relevant to you as you grow your own business. That’s right, Youtube is not just an entertaining time-sucking service, it has a vast amount of knowledge available for free - and free is the best price for people without the cash to spend on courses and other education. Plus it is a great way to sneak some productivity into your lunch break because most videos pack a lot of information into 30 minutes or less.
Here are a few places you can find various videos to suit your needs:
If you're looking for Motivation and Inspiration:
- Chris the Freelancer’s globe trotting lifestyle shows the pinnacle of digital nomad life. This channel has tonnes of videos offering advice and inspiration on the future of work and living as a digital nomad, as well as interviews with other successful freelancers.
- Brett Dev offers a freelance master class, as well as tutorials and tips on living and working abroad from Thailand.
- Behind the Brand talks with innovators and entrepreneurs to find out the secret of their success, including interviews with big names such as Tony Robbins, Jillian Michaels, and Dr. Phil.
- Roberto Blake helps creatives to become entrepreneurs by linking marketing and creativity. He explains how to go from being a starving artist to being a paid freelancer.
- GaryVee is a serial entrepreneur, speaker and venture capitalist offering motivation and business advice to entrepreneurs everywhere with his unique brand of straight-talk.
If you need Design Help:
- Teach Me To Design has a lot of photoshop tutorials and is helpful for budding designers and others looking to create their own designs and help their brand stand out.
- TastyTuts advice for aspiring designers ranging from design tutorials to information about the graphic design industry. This channel also offers videos reviewing various famous logos and the designers behind them.
If you want Coding Lessons:
- John Morris offers solid advice to help new developers learn coding skills and break into the freelance world.
- freeCodeCamp offers in-depth talks and tutorials about all things coding and a few other topics like how to get into freelancing and build a portfolio.
If you could use some Project Management advice:
- Project Management Videos are aimed at project managers but can provide useful tips to anyone trying to develop good work habits and reach their goals. From effectively stating your project objectives to not wasting time, they can help you keep things going smoothly along the right path.
If you're in the market for Writing Tips:
- Chris Fox offers a wealth of information for aspiring writers, with everything from finding motivation, craft and publishing. Although much of the content is geared towards novelists, the basic tenets of writing applies to all kinds of writers, so there’s something for everyone.
- Creative Revolt covers everything from content creation to growing an online business. This channel has tonnes of tips for freelance writers who want to build their influence online and make money. The videos found here offer a lot of information in a short amount of time.
There are so many more great Youtube channels for freelancers available, but beware - there are also a few unscrupulous people on there claiming if you only do X, Y and Z just like them, you can be making thousands of dollars a month in a short amount of time. If something sounds too good to be true, it's probably a scam!
If you know of any other good Youtube channels for freelancers, please help our community here at Sagegroupy by sharing your knowledge with us in the comments, we would love to hear from you!